Saturday, March 21, 2015

Denise's City Cottage Kit Part 1 - The Foundation

Woot! The new kit is here. 

There are a lot of pieces in this box! 


The large quantity of prieces is a bit overwhelming. Then I realized that 10 of the pieces are used to build a foundation for the cottage. I am going to have to find a way to keep this square. 


My dining room table is made of wood and has nice wood planks that I was able to line up the foundation with. I used blue painters tape to keep the boards aligned and wax paper to ensure I didn't glue the boards to my dining room table. 


I followed the instructions suggestion of gluing two corners separately and then gluing them together. 




Important note:  1)make sure the smooth side of the boards are facing up, and 2)there are two long boards and for shorter boards you want to glue one long board to one short board for each of the corners and 3) the short board need to be glued on the top on board side of the long board.

Next step is to glue the very short segments to the corners. 



All four short segments look like this:


Now it is time to glue down the center supports and secure with more painters tape.


Now we wait for it to dry and I should have a foundation in the morning. 

I will update the blog as I make progress on the build and make sure to check out the other sections. 


1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you showed the step by step this kit, I just received mine and am so excited and this helps out alot:-)

    ReplyDelete